John Marshall has represented the Garden Suburb ward since 1998 and is currently the chairman of the Licensing Committee which is responsible for considering all aspects under the Licensing Act 2003 and the Gambling Act 2005 associated Regulations, not otherwise delegated to the Licensing Sub-Committee.
His main interests are planning and the environment, education and securing value for money.
- He is a former MEP (79-89) and represented Hendon South from 1987 until 1997. He served as PPS to the Secretary of State for Social security (90-92) and the Leader of the House (92-95). He successfully introduced two Private Members Bills and secured the freedom of refuseniks.
- As a Barnet Cabinet member he introduced the PSCIP programme for school places and RFID into Libraries. His Mayoral Appeal(2008-9) raised £83,000 for Chai cancer care and Barnet Carers Centre.
- He has served on two other local authorities- Aberdeen and Ealing
- Professionally he has been an economic lecturer, stockbroker and financial journalist. He is now a trustee of several charities and chairman of Barnet Carers Centre,
- He relaxes by playing bridge, reading biographies, watching cricket and undertaking sponsored walks.
How to Contact
3 Westchester Drive
Phone: 020 8202 1509